Thursday, February 9, 2012

1st Day of Chemo

Day one is behind me! The treatment wasn't so bad. Joe sat with me and worked on his computer. I sat and played on my kindle and talked with a few people on the phone.

We came home and had a big lunch. I was exhausted so I went upstairs to take a nap. When I woke up my stomach was so upset. It was so upset I could not move or I knew I would vomit. I was that sick when I had kids so I kind of know the drill. Joe gave me some zofran (anti-nausea pill) and I waited for it to take effect. I felt a little better as the night went on but I was still not wanting to get off the couch. I called the doctor. He suggested that I take decadron (a steroid). This pill helped me to feel a bit more human. I went to bed at about 8 and now I'm up at 6 am.

My stomach doesn't feel too bad right now so I'm going to start eating and drinking slowly. That's another thing I learned from my pregnancy days. Eat small meals. Anyway, I have to go back to the Dr. today to get a white blood cell booster shot. My sister Katie is going to stay with me and Joe is back to work. Wish me luck today!

1 comment: