Friday, June 22, 2012

Check chemo off the list!!!!!

I am so excited to write this post. When I walked into my first chemo appointment in February it seemed like June 22 was so far away. Now I'm finished and I'm so thrilled to be through this phase of treatment.

Joe and I watched the iron man competition last night. It was so fun watching the winners walk up to the finish line, grab the ribbon and hold it high above their heads with a look of joy and accomplishment on their faces. Call me crazy but I kind of wanted to do that today as I left the infusion room. Maybe I even pictured Christina Aguilera's song Fighter playing in the background.
I cant believe how self sufficient my children have become. Lauren can make breakfast and lunch for herself and Jacob. Both kids fold and put away their own laundry. Jacob does our towels. They are good at cleaning spills and picking up toys. These chores are done without complaint. Lauren has even "babysat" Jacob when I needed to relax. I'm so incredibly proud of them and thankful for there unconditional love they have shown to me.  Even when I had bad days Jacob would say "I like your boy hair mommy."  HA HA!


As I look back at my chemo experience I must say that I will miss the infusion nurses. They are kind, compassionate and fun to get to know. Knowing I would get to see them made it a little easier to walk into the infusion room.  This is a photo with some of my favorites.


I'm so grateful for the people that have been around me this year. I know we wouldn't have survived without help.  This is what greated me when I walked into my house.  And the gifts started to pour in all afternoon including PJ's for the hospital and flowers from friends from out of town.
Somehow Kate  and my friend Shantell managed to be sneaky and get people to sign this card all through my cancer treatment.  She got people from school to sign it, people from church and also people from out of town who came in town to stay with me during treatment.  I was so touched by the messages on this card it brought me to tears.

I will have an MRI on Monday and meet with Dr. Lilly about surgery on Thursday. I'll post MRI results next week.

For the next two weeks I'm going to try to look back and celebrate my accomplishment instead of looking forward to what is ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Yea! I'm so excited you are done. And you are so loved - don't ever forget that!

    ReplyDelete